We hit our first snag for our trip planning today – there is a 4 night boat cruise we are planning around the Tierra del Fuego area of Patagonia, and the date we wanted was fully booked out already.
We did some re-thinking of our itinerary – originally we were thinking of starting with some time in Santiago and finishing with some time in Buenos Aires (before flying back to Santiago for our flight back to Sydney). It turns out there is another cruise leaving later in the week with availability, so we’ve made a booking on that one and re-worked our itinerary so that we started our trip with time in Santiago and Buenos Aires before heading south. This makes it a bit easier to start the next leg of our journey anyway – since we were having difficulty finding flights to where we wanted to go. It was looking like we would have to take an extra day and take buses down. This change also means that we will be flying back via Buenos Aires and then on to Santiago the following day before flying out later that night. That’s a little risky – I prefer not to fly out the same day in case there are problems or delays with the flight – but we don’t get a lot of choice in our scheduling with some flights from the Patagonia region – there’s only a couple each week!
So, we’ve got a slightly modified itinerary – but it’s looking okay since it also solves some other problems of not having enough time in some of the other places we wanted to visit – we now almost have too much time in some places – but I’m sure we’ll find something to keep ourselves amused (even if it’s just having a “sleep-in” day for some recovery!).
Leave a Reply