My mother writes a blog: Mallee Native Plants … which I set up and host for her.
I recently updated the design of the blog to give it a more unique feel (it was originally based on my own blog template, so looked a lot like mine).
I stole some of my mother’s photos out of the Photo Gallery and made a montage across the top of the page, which I think looks quite good. Apparently mum likes it too, but she wants to change some of the flowers in the photo – I just randomly chose some that I thought looked good … but she wants it a bit more themed – that’s not a problem, was pretty easy to put it together.
I’m happy with how it turned out … hopefully it’s a bit cleaner and easier to navigate.
I really like what my mum is doing with the blog … half the stuff she writes I don’t understand (it’s full of plant jargon and scientific names for species), but then, she says the same thing about my blogs – full of technical jargon she doesn’t understand. Still, a lot of it is quite interesting, and I’m starting to understand a bit more about what my mum does out in her nursery all day! The photos are great too – very colourful.